Available via Warehouse (7-10 Days)
“This encyclopedia for flora fiends is packed with info on everything from photosynthesis to fig leaf ice cream, plus it’s pretty enough for the coffee table.” —Southern LivingThe Botanical Bible
is an elegant and comprehensive introduction to the beauty, diversity, and value of the botanical world.
Author Sonya Patel Ellis is a writer, editor, and artist who works primarily with pressed botanicals. She founded The Herbarium Project in 2013 to explore the parallels and interconnectivity among nature, art, books, and culture. Here she covers:
- The evolution of the plant kingdom
- The history of horticulture
- Basic botany
- How to garden and forage in six major climate zones
- Recipes for savory dishes, sweets, and drinks
- How to use botanicals for beauty and health, with instructions for making essential oils, herbal remedies, floral scents, and natural cosmetics
- The world of botanical artistry and crafts
The author’s love of plants shines through with full-color stunning illustrations and enlightening descriptions. Ellis’s love of flora pushes her to share the wide variety of knowledge she possesses: botany, recipes, herbal uses, seasonal foods, botanic artists (famous and not)—there is a bit of everything, often with essential details.
Gorgeously illustrated throughout, and packed with information and hands-on projects, The Botanical Bible
offers both practical information and the beauty of the natural world in one package, perfect for display on a coffee table or to give as a gift. It is the ultimate guide for aspiring gardeners, botanists, homesteaders, and anyone seeking a more meaningful relationship with nature.